Forums

The Link below will direct you to the old website where you can look back at forum posts from previous years

http://aberdeensnooker.cmlwebdesign.com/index.php/test

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2019 County Snooker Championship.

Hi Guys.

I recently had the pleasure of attending a very positive AGM down in Glasgow for the County Championships. During the meeting there was lots to discuss which I won't bore you with all the details but there was a lot of discussion about last years competition and our trip to Liverpool.

Also on the agenda was planning for this years competition which will take place on the weekend of the 26th & 27th of October. Its getting bigger as there are other Leagues showing interest in joining and looking as there will be more teams taking part this year so an entry date has been set of the 30th of June for all Leagues to get their teams entered. We are planning in putting two teams in again so are now looking for names of who want to take part this year. Both teams will consist of 10 players again.

Please let me know or add your name to the thread for all to be considered but understand that due to the entry date we need to get the names in quick. If we haven't entered by the 30th deadline we won't be going. Format will be sorted once all teams are entered and after the deadline.

Players available for selection.

Barry Smith (Team A Captain)

Alec Main

Kenny MacPherson

Raymond Murray

Paul Hardy

John McCann

Mark Oaten

Andy Gerrie

Marc Davis

Derek Hudson

Stevie Martin

Derek Morrison

Alan Pedalty

Moray Milligan

Davie Thomson

Gavin McRobb

Kevin Jamieson

John Robertson

Alec Main available for selection

Available

Hi Guys.

Deadline day for entering this year if fast approaching and we are still short on players to enter 2 teams again. Anybody interested please get in touch.

Sorry but after a discussion with the counties organisers today about numbers of teams, format and venues it has been decided that we will only be entering one team into the competition this year.

More info about the team will follow.

Raymond to come out at this point and to say we will only be having 1 team enter is a bollocks. On the opening this thread the closing date you've started is the the 30th June so surely we can get 1 more player to make 2 teams of 10? So if as your stating we will only be entering 1 team does that mean the other counties will be doing the same? To say i'm disappointed is an understatement. To think of the players we have In the league and the numbers that we had for entries last season surely this can go ahead. We are champions of scotland In both A and B teams and should be able to defend those titles. 😡😡😡  Dont you think you've jumped the gun 13 days before deadline day to have these conversations.  The reason i'm writing this post is because you haven't given an reasonable explanation for everyone to read on here on why?

it’s got to do with the amount of leagues, teams and possible venues Gavin. It doesn’t look as there will be enough teams to make it worth going to two venues so that it will be cost effective so at the moment it’s one team.

I understand some will be disappointed but at the moment it’s the only option. We are limited to the amount of tables to make it work.

That was an easy explanation you could of added first time round to save me typing all that 😉.

The team representing us at the Scottish County Champs on 26th/27th October is as follows:

Barry Smith (capt)

Alec Main (vice)

Marc Davis

John McCann

Paul Hardy

Mark Oaten

Andrew Gerrie

Kenny MacPherson

Davie Thomson

Raymond Murray

Reserves:  1) Derek Morrison    2) Steve Martin

If anyone is or becomes unavailable then please let me know as soon as possible.

Premier Inn Charing Cross is available for £135.50 for the two nights.

Transport will be sorted out later.

Not an easy task to pick the team with the players available but feel this is a team that can be thereabouts again this year.

Let’s bring the cup up the road again! 🏆

Unfortantly this year I have  to pull out the counties for a family holiday

I'm gutted but there's nothing I can do to change this

Wishing the boys all the best and hopefully take the title home again 🏆